Systems Administrator/Linux/Unix/Ubuntu - London
London, Greater London, England
£30k - 45k per year + allowance + Bonus
Systems Administrator/Linux/Unix/Ubuntu – London
£30,000 to £45,000 depending on experience + On-Call allowance (Circa £3,000PA) + Overtime opportunities. Annual Company Bonus (Up to 10%) + Excellent Benefits Package
Our communications company is the international communications and ICT solution provider of the group - one of the top 3 telecom companies in the Fortune Global 500 ranking.
Working in the systems development group of the company who manage and maintain all aspects of the company's Operational Support Systems (OSS) globally. The role manages the Ubuntu based operating system that the OSS runs on. From day to day administration to deploying new Servers and managing planned upgrades.
Systems Administrator/Linux/Unix/Ubuntu Key Responsibilities:
- Patching and security compliance for Ubuntu Unix operating systems and associated software
- User account administration
- Follow processes for deploying development code to pre-production testing environments
- Report to Platform Manager for day-to-day activities
- Provide out of hours support as required on rota basis (approximately 1 week in every 5) - is compensated for
Systems Administrator/Linux/Unix/Ubuntu Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in administrating Ubuntu or other Unix/Linux based operating systems
- Ubuntu/Unix/Linux operating system upgrades
- Ubuntu/Unix/Linux patching
- Ability to follow step by step procedure guides
- Change and problem management
- Willingness to learn
- You will work closely with the rest of the team and be able to demonstrate your ability to work well in a team
If you feel that you are suitable for this position, please respond with your most recent CV for consideration.
Our communications company provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company's worldwide infrastructure, including IPv4/IPv6 Global Tier-1 IP Network, Arcstar Universal One VPN network reaching over 150 countries, and over 120 secure data centres.